Save the Children Red and White Gala Wine Dinner
Book now, for the save the children red and white gala wi...
Live Music Thur and Fri nights!
We are proud to offer members and friends the most sophis...
Despite our business focus here at the press club we appr...
'I survived the 60s' Fancy dress dinner dance!
If you survived the 1960's, were born in the 1960's, or h...
Stay up to date with the latest news, events and entertainment from the National Press Club of Australia.
Inaugural Excellence in Financial Journalism Award!
VISA in partnership with the National Press Club of Australia present the inaugural -
EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL JOURNALISM AWARDS - $10,000 cash prize.
- Submissions close Friday September 07, 2012
- Date of work suitable for submission 01 July 2011 - 31 June 2012
- Entries may be in any medium
- If joint entrants any prize will be split.
The award will recognise journalists who have contributed the best work on financial journalism within a 12 month period. Their journalism will have broadened community understanding of finance issues and/or events, and explained or examined related policies, technologies, trends and/or personnel in their chosen medium.
EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL JOURNALISM AWARDS OBJECTIVES
The objectives of this award is to
- Encourage broader media coverage and documentaries on finance issues
- Recognise and reward excellence in journalism in Australia
- Increase the national focus on the contribution that business journalists can make to broadening awareness of their aims and activities
THE AWARD SUBMISSION GUIDELINES -
The award guidelines are designed to be flexible in this the first year. General business, personal finance, financial markets and the economy reported in the medium of choice of the journalist.
Submissions may be in any media form and topics may include:
- Australian Business- Reporting on companies, their management, management issues such as corporate governance, stakeholder relations, industrial relations, skills and training, investor relations, business regulation and Federal, state and local taxation.
- Australian Economy – Including reporting on the impact of Australian government policy,
international policy and events that effect the Australian economy. Analysis of
economic trends and issues is included in this category.
- Superannuation and or personal/consumer
finance - Financial planning,
insurance, superannuation and DIY superannuation, investing in shares
and property and other assets
- Global & Australian Financial Markets - Covering markets such as equity and fixed income markets, money market and foreign exchange plus reporting or analysis on capital, merger & acquisitions financing, business and private banking.
Media may email entries, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with FINANCE AWARDS in the subject line or, may post 4 hard copies to
PO BOX 6184
Kingston ACT 2600