After the long weeks of the Canberra lockdown, the National Press Club of Australia will be re-opening to our members and guests from Friday 15th October, under public health restrictions.
And to start us back in style, we're opening on Saturdays for the months of October and November!
From Monday, October 25th, both our Club Lounge and Chatham House Restaurant will be open.
In accordance with the ACT public health restrictions, a maximum of 25 patrons is allowed in the building at a time until the 29th of October. Therefore all members and guests MUST make a booking to attend the Club. Takeaway food and drink will also be available from our takeaway menu here.
Call the club on 6121 2199 or email email@example.com with your name, number and preferred session time. All sessions are strictly limited, and it's first-in, best-dressed. Please be patient with our staff at this busy time.
Session times: Monday-Friday
12pm - 3pm
3:30pm – 6.00pm
6.30pm – close
Session times: Saturday
4pm - 6pm
6:30pm - close
Call 6121 2199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and preferred session time to make a booking.
Our strict COVID-19 guidelines are in place to protect our staff and patrons:
These guidelines will apply to members, guests and operational employees for the period 15 October to 28 October 2021
- There will be 3 sessions Monday to Friday (2 sessions on Saturday). There will be a 30 minute gap between each session for cleaning.
- To gain entry Members are able to book a one session time per day.
- Seated service for Food & Beverage is limited to 25 patrons plus staff.
- There will be no vertical consumption (e.g. drinking at the bar) . Table service only.
- In accordance with ACT government guidelines, all members, their guests and staff are to be fully vaccinated when using the club facilities
- Masks are to be worn except when eating or drinking.
- Patrons, contractors and employees who are unwell are not permitted to enter the club
- All persons are required to use the Canberra App check in and use hand sanitiser on entry.
- A further review to these guidelines will be undertaken prior to the Lifting of ACT lockdown stage 2 which is scheduled on 29 October 2021
- Where a person who is unable to comply with the conditions of entry, the CEO or his delegate will make a case-by-case consideration.
Please feel free to call our team on 6121 2199 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about our reopening.