The NPC is hosting a forum that allows voters to understand the role and positions of the cross bench in the House of Representatives where the government is formed.
We have invited all the current cross bench to attend.
The format hosted by Laura Tingle President of the NPC proposal will a series of questions to the panel which they will each member get 90 seconds to answer.
The questions will aim to address some high profile issues – whether or not they are relevant to who forms government, for example, on the minimum wage case, hospital funding etc. – and questions which may influence how crossbenches may decide who gains their support for supply and confidence in the case of a hung parliament.
Each member of the panel will be given 90 seconds to give finishing statements in which they can flesh out any policy issues on their platforms, or comment on or respond to comments made by other panellists.
Zali Steggall OAM is an Australian politician, lawyer, and former Olympic athlete, who has served as Member of Parliament for the Division of Warringah since 2019
Adam Bandt is an Australian politician and former industrial lawyer who is the leader of the Australian Greens and federal MP for Melbourne.
Previously, he served as co-deputy leader of the Greens from 2012 to 2015 and 2017 to 2020.
Rex Patrick is an Australian politician who has been a Senator for South Australia since November 2017.
He was appointed to the Senate to fill a casual vacancy caused by the resignation of Nick Xenophon.
Craig Kelly MP is a member of the Australian House of Representatives and represents the electorate of Hughes, in New South Wales.
He was elected to the House of Representatives in 2010 and re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Craig and his wife Vicki care for their son Trent, who was born with Down Syndrome and later diagnosed with autism.
Laura Tingle is the chief political correspondent for nightly current affairs program 7.30.
One of Australia's best journalists and top political analysts, she's spent most of her 35-year career in journalism reporting on Australian federal politics, and the country's major policy debates.
A journalist, author and essayist, she was formerly the political editor of The Australian Financial Review.
Terms and conditions:
By purchasing tickets, you indicate your acceptance of the following terms and conditions of sale.
1. You are not to attend the event if:
- a. you are suffering any symptoms of disease caused by COVID-19;
- b. you have tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 7 days;
- c. you believe that you may have been exposed to or may test positive for COVID-19; or
- d. you have been advised or required to self-isolate or quarantine.
If you cannot attend the event by reason of this clause, please contact the National Press Club on email@example.com prior to the event to discuss options
2. If tickets are canceled by the National Press Club or the Speaker for any reason in connection with COVID-19, you will be entitled to a refund or exchange.
3. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for above or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).