Registrations for this event are now closed. Please contact reception for further details.
Additional security procedures are in place for this event and form part of the conditions of entry.
Please note the following:
- We will require your guest names to be lodged with us by 5pm Tuesday, 27 August 2019.
- We are unable to guarantee any guest changes for this event after that time.
- At registration, you and your guests will need identification (membership card or photo ID).
- Bags (including hand bags) will be subject to inspection or they will be required to be checked in on arrival. Larger bags will need to be checked in.
- You will be given an identification ticket for the lodgement of your property. Bags will be safeguarded by a club staff member during this event.
- Security staff will use security wands for random checking.
- No late entries – people will not be permitted to enter the room after 12:30pm.
- We thank you for your co-operation.
Registration will open at 11.20am and we encourage you and your guests to arrive on time to avoid delays.
The Hon Dan Tehan MP will Address the National Press Club of Australia for the first time as Minister for Education.
Dan Tehan is the Member for Wannon in Victoria. He is Minister for Education and was sworn in on 28 August 2018.
Mr Tehan served as Minister for Social Services from 20 December 2017. Prior to this, he was the Minister for Veterans’ Affairs, Minister for Defence Personnel, Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Cyber Security and Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of Anzac.
Mr Tehan was elected to Federal Parliament in 2010 and has held positions as the Chair of the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security; Chair of the Victorian Consultative Panel for the Black Spot Programme; Chair of the Coalition Policy Committee on Economics and Finance; Co-Chair of the Parliamentarians Supporting Cancer Causes; Co-Chair of the Parliamentary Friends of Youth Mental Health, and; Chair of the Coalition Friends of Tourism.
Prior to entering Parliament, Mr Tehan worked in agriculture in Australia and overseas. He has worked in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade where he held various roles, including as a diplomat at the Australian Embassy in Mexico. Mr Tehan worked at senior levels of the Australian Government, including as a Senior Adviser to the Deputy Prime Minister and Chief of Staff to the Minister for Small Business and Tourism. He also worked as the Director of Trade Policy and International Affairs at the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and as Deputy State Director for the Victorian Liberal Party.
Mr Tehan has Masters Degrees in International Relations and Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Mr Tehan is married and lives in Hamilton. He is a passionate supporter of the Richmond Football Club and enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.