Registrations for this event are now closed. Please contact reception for further details.
· Commenced as Secretary of the Department of Defence on 18 October 2012
· Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade from January 2010 to October 2012
· Ambassador of Australia to the United States, June 2005-December 2009.
· Director-General of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation 1996-2005.
· Deputy Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs 1993-1996.
· Head of the Review of the Intelligence Community post Cold War 1992.
· Principal Adviser to the Prime Minister 1990-1991.
· Various senior public service roles in the Departments of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and Immigration 1986-1990.
· A range of positions in the then Department of Foreign Affairs, with postings to Nairobi, Port Moresby and Jakarta 1969-1986.
· Graduated from Sydney University with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) 1968.
· Awarded an AO in 2003.
· Born in Kempsey NSW in 1947.