‘Feel the Olympic Spirit’ as the Australian Olympic Committee CEO Matt Carroll launches the country’s exciting future Olympic direction – with a focus on grassroots participation and inspiring Australians to get involved and be their best.
At a time when sport is facing moral issues (e.g. doping, match fixing) and following a challenging time for many Australian sports (e.g. cricket ball tampering affair), Matt will outline:
– The AOC’s future plans in response to the National Sports Plan recently unveiled by the Federal Government, to deliver long-term participation growth and sporting excellence for Australia;
– How our future Olympic success will be measured on more than medals;
– The reform the AOC has achieved in the past 12 months;
– A new national school-based program targeting grassroots participation, involving Olympic alumni; and
– How the AOC will achieve greater inclusiveness by working to align Olympic and Paralympic activity in Australia (e.g. joint trials).
This is an exciting opportunity to hear about the role the Olympics will continue to play in Australia’s sporting landscape, and more broadly our identity as a nation.