Due to the lockdown in the ACT, this event is not open to the public. The event will be conducted in accordance with ACT Health restrictions. The event will be broadcast live on ABC TV and iview.
“Politicians are not here to save your soul; they are here to look after your country. The most important thing is to always stay in touch with those whose beliefs gave you the chance to represent them.” House of Representatives maiden speech, 2013.
The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP is Australia’s Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development, and Leader of the National Party of Australia. He has served in Parliament for the past 17 years – first elected to the Senate in 2004 then the House of Representatives as the Member for New England in 2013. He is a passionate leader well-known for fearlessly expressing his views, his popularity in his electorate and strong leadership of the Nationals. A farmer and former accountant, small business owner and army reservist, Barnaby is dedicated to advancing Australia’s interests and giving voice to Australians who live outside our capital cities. After serving as the Federal Member for New England over the past three years, Barnaby has returned to the role of Deputy Prime Minister determined to improve the lives of Australians and Australia’s interests.
Federal ministerial roles:
- Deputy Prime Minister from 22.6.2021.
- Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development from 22.6.2021.
- Minister for Infrastructure and Transport from 20.12.2017 to 26.2.2018.
- Deputy Prime Minister from 6.12.2017 to 26.2.2018.
- Cabinet Minister from 6.12.2017 to 26.2.2018.
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources from 6.12.2017 to 20.12.2017.
- Minister for Resources and Northern Australia from 27.7.2017 to 27.10.2017.
- Deputy Prime Minister from 18.2.2016 to 27.10.2017.
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources from 21.9.2015 to 27.10.2017.
- Minister for Agriculture from 18.9.2013 to 21.9.2015.
- Cabinet Minister from 18.9.2013 to 27.10.2017.